Common End User Questions (FAQ) for Clickback WEB
What is Clickback WEB?
Clickback WEB is a web-based application or SaaS (software-as-a-service) and more specifically it is software that enables you to manage your webpage with multiple content creators in an organization to publish information quickly, simply and instantly to their website, or extranet.
Who could be using Clickback WEB?
Any business or organization that needs to regularly publish or update information on their website, or extranet. The key is they want to take control of their own website content and make changes themselves. Most importantly we make it simple for an average person to perform the changes themselves.
Who could be using Clickback WEB Workgroup Version?
Any enterprise that requires workgroup control over their website information. The Clickback WEB workgroup version will allow multiple authors to make changes that get forwarded to an editor for final approval prior to going live. As well all edits or revisions are stored in a database for future reference or simply can be reverted back to.
What features makes Clickback WEB so powerful?
Database driven software:
- All website content is stored and delivered from a Microsoft SQL database providing a fast and reliable delivery system
- The database allows all changes or what we call “revisions” to be stored for the user to reference for ideas or to revert back to
- This is an advantage over flat file type editors and CMS software that only save the last revision you make
Simple to Use Clickback “HTML Editor”:
- Clickback WEB was developed to give the author or marketing department control over all content on their webpages, many editors and content management software (CMS) are template driven providing access to select text boxes or images boxes, only taking creative control away.
- Clickback’s “HTML Editor” is a what you see is what you get (WYSIWYG) feature of the software that resembles all ready familiar windows software look and similar buttons.
- Image, document and media management are made simple with Clickback WEB, so there is no need to FTP or send files to web servers.
No Templates Needed:
- Clickback WEB was designed to work without the need of templates. This gives the designer maximum flexibility for designing the site. However graphic designers can create “whole page” templates that can be used and uploaded into Clickback WEB.
- Clickback WEB not only allows you to change the text on your site, but also any other page elements including images, documents, and media files. Clickback WEB provides the end user with full control over the pages within their website as well as the site header, footer, navigation, search engine meta tags and error pages.
Workgroup Permissions: (Workgroup Version Only)
- The Clickback WEB administrator can simply add users by setting their permissions to either author or editor
- Authors can make changes to pages, add or remove pages while not impacting the live webpage. A notification is sent via email to the editor for review and approve the changes prior to allowing the page to go live.
- Yes, Clickback WEB will run on a Mac using the FireFox browser.
Custom Programming Integration
- Custom programmed modules (PHP, .ASP, .NET) and 3rd party web software can run within any Clickback WEB webpage.
Can I create a website from scratch using Clickback WEB?
Yes. You can create a website from scratch using our Clickback “HTML Editor” that is built right into the software.
Can we use a professional web designer to design the website?
Yes. Any website that has been properly designed to HTML 4.0 standard can be integrated into Clickback WEB. Our resellers have been trained on how to create and integrate a website into Clickback WEB.
How simple is it to add/edit/remove pages from my website?
Adding a new page to your website takes on average five to ten minutes. While a simple text edit on a page may take one minute from start to finish. Removing a page can easily be performed by a click of a button.
What is hosted software?
Hosted Software or Software as a Service (SaaS) is a model of software delivery where the software company provides hosting, back end maintenance (servers), on going software updates, and customer support. The client access the software securely through the internet using a web browser.
Do I install it to my computer?
No. There is nothing to install on your computer. As long as you have an internet connection and a compatible web browser you are ready to go.
What web browsers are compatible with Clickback WEB?
Clickback WEB is compatible with any web browser based on Mozilla 5, or Internet Explorer 6 and have built in 128 bit SSL support.
How much does Clickback WEB cost vs. standard website hosting?
Hosting is included in the software monthly fees and is typically cheaper then if you were to have a professional web design firm provide a 1 hour update to you site once per month. This allows you the freedom to update your site as frequently as needed and saves you money.
Who makes the software and is it reliable?
Netstart is the developer of the software, who has over 10 years experience in the market place. The software is continually monitored, upgraded and tested by our technology department and has been proven to be consistently reliable.
Who else is using Clickback WEB?
We have a variety of customers representing a wide range of industries currently using our software.
Can I use my website to collect marketing data?
Your website is an ideal location to collect marketing information. We suggest using our Clickback FORMS to collect this information securely online. Clickback FORMS can be configured in a variety of ways to help you accomplish you goals. Some examples are: online contact us, sign up for monthly news letter, surveys, contest, etc.
What is the “Extranet Add-On” for Clickback WEB?
The extranet add-on expands the power of Clickback WEB allowing users to access information in a private or secure area of the website. See the “add-on” section for more information.
Can the software be used to allow access to confidential information for our affiliates/dealers?
Yes. By adding the add-on extranet it expands the power of Clickback WEB by allowing users access to information in a private or secure area. This add-on allows you control what users access the “private” content. This module can be used to provide private information to customers, dealers, distributors, suppliers, employees, etc. The extranet add-on uses the same menus, editor and has a similar layout to Clickback WEB making it easy to use. See the “add-on” section for more information.